Thursday, January 19, 2006

 

Welcome.

Hi.
I started this blog as a way to involve others in a few of the Ham Radio projects I am doing. During my adventures as a Red Cross Volunteer for Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Wilma, I decided that there were a few things that Ham Radio could do to enhance our activities.

My specialty for the Red Cross is as an ECRV (Emergency Communications Response Vehicle) operator. An ECRV is a very complex, $350,000 communications vehicle. It has more than 18 radios, a dedicated high capacity satellite link, a 50' tower, many ham radios and lots more technical goodies. So my interests in integrating some of the ham projects with my Red Cross specialty is obvious.

I will be doing a bit on Ham Radio as a personal emergency communications system (HRPECS) with emphasis on emergency communications. So for the moment, the other Red Cross projects will be on hold so I can use the blog for the HRPECS project without it getting too confusing.

There are two entries about the Red Cross ECRV's which I will leave at the beginning of the blog and the HRPECS series will follow them. The one about the ECRV detail has a small bit about New Orleans after the Hurricane

Remember that Blogs start at the bottom, with new stuff added to the top. So to catch up, start at the bottom and work up to the current items at the top. This blog can be set up as an RSS feed (an automatic notification system that tells you when something new has been added).

So welcome. Please get involved with the projects here and please leave comments.

Thanks.
Ron Gregory, N1AHH

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?